- Oman’s new economic reality calls for Vision 2040 strategy rethink 9 June 2020 - John Davies The severity of the economic challenge facing Oman will persist long after the COVID-19 pandemic has receded, requiring the country to rethink its long-term approach to economic development. Vision 2040 remains a top priority for the leadership under… »
- Business as usual? UAE consumer spending post COVID-19 5 June 2020 - Karen Young While the UAE has unveiled a series of stimulus measures to support businesses during COVID-19, the economic fallout of the pandemic has taken its toll on consumer behavior. With many of the country’s key sectors heavily affected by… »
- Turkish power sector looks for COVID-19 restructure 2 June 2020 - Jon Gorvett Once a premium destination for overseas investors, Turkey’s power sector has recently been struggling with the impact of lower-than-expected growth rates, partial market liberalisation and fixed, long-term natural gas contracts. Power generation firms face further stress as the… »
- Where do Saudi Arabia’s youth stand amid COVID-19? 29 May 2020 - Mark C. Thompson In Saudi Arabia, where some 60% of the population is under the age of 30, and largely well educated, constructive youth engagement is a necessity for the socioeconomic development. With the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic threatening… »
- Can Saudi container ports demand keep up with capacity? 26 May 2020 - Daniel Moshashai Over the last decade the volume of container throughput handled at Saudi ports has nearly doubled, due in large part to privatisation, regulatory changes and high-tech equipment. With ever more attention directed towards capturing Red Sea trade flows,… »
- Climate change and migration – the next big challenge for MENA? 22 May 2020 - The level of disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic has revealed how ill-prepared governments and international institutions are for anything beyond their routine activities. When normality is once again restored, the world must learn the lessons from today’s events in… »
into the collective ambitions of
GCC states to change their economies.
The Castlereagh Retainer
Two meetings to ascertain your needs
Timely analysis tailored to your line of business
Skip the waiting line, talk to the expert
Your Exclusive Client Area
Formal discussions, informal dinners with key personalities,
2 speakers at your events
Castlereagh Opportunities Series
Morocco: An emerging economic force
View our latest report on economic forecasts, sector opportunities, foreign economic relations and key risks in Morocco.
Iran Economic Series
5 Reports each looking at key economic issues in Iran: Inflation, Banking, Corruption, Trade, Budgeting.
3 Reports looking into political and economic relations between Malaysia and GCC countries.